Topology simulation and optimisation
Using the finite element method (FEM) or computational fluid dynamics (CFD) it is possible to anticipate the behaviour of various systems so that our customers can save time and money in pre-manufacturing processes. PRODINTEC has the software and human resources required for both types of simulations, more specifically:
- Structural analysis: static, dynamic, fatigue, sagging, vibrations and frequency analysis.
- Thermal analysis: stationary and transient.
- Fluid dynamics analysis: permanent regime, transitional regime, multiphase on free surface and cavitation.
- Analyses using specific software: ASAS (fixed systems subjected to the action of waves and currents), AQWA (floating systems subjected to the action of waves and currents) and topology optimisation.
By using topology optimisation software, we offer our customers improvements in the design of products by altering a series of previously selected variables, such as minimising weight while preserving maximum stress on an object or maximising resistance or durability while preserving the weight of the product. This is achieved based on the following steps:
- Structural calculations of the initial item under operating loads.
- Identification of variables that can be optimised (weight, stress, deformations…).
- Using topology optimisation software to obtain the ideal geometry.
- 3D CAD redesign based on the ideal geometry.
- Approved structural calculations.